With flexible start and end times, we empower employees to skip rush hour and develop a working pattern that suits their needs.
Our passion, talent and overall company culture has enabled us to nurture and inspire growth at both a personal level and overall company size, allowing us to double in size year on year.
We are also committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome any candidates who are qualified for the role, and ensure they are considered for employment without regard to any protected status.
We are looking for someone who is dependable, committed and continuously strives to improve their skill set and broaden their knowledge. In return you will get;
- A competitive salary
- A company wide perk scheme
- Regular team activities and afternoons off
- ‘Beer Fridays’ every week in the office
- Use of the office pool table and games consoles
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home when required
- 32-35 days holiday (this fluctuates according to how the Bank Holidays fall during our Christmas shutdown period)
- Optional pension scheme
- Regular opportunities to attend conferences and training courses
We’re looking for someone who:
- Takes pride in what they do - an attention to detail both visually and technically
- Has strong HTML and CSS skills - including CSS preprocessor knowledge such as LESS or SCSS to make their life that much easier
- Can employ responsive development best practices to allow what you build to work across a range of devices
- Utilises open source packages effectively - using package managers such as npm
- Have used some sort of collaborative source control - we use git, but Mercurial and SVN are a step in the right direction
But it would be good if you:
- Are up to date with the latest development best practices - knowledge of ES6 features and other emerging technology
- Have used Bootstrap in some form - we integrate it as a library within our LESS/SASS workflows rather than using the raw classes
- Have experience bundling tools - ideally Webpack, but Grunt or Gulp will also be beneficial
- Can build performant Single-Page Applications - experience with Next/Nuxt would be ideal
- Give back to the Open Source community - instead of complaining about something that’s broken or you wish existed, why not get involved?
- Have a passion for testing - both manually as you code and automatically via unit testing
- Have touched on backend technologies before - Node and PHP are great!
Developer skills aside, we would love someone who:
- Has good communication & team working skills - interaction between team members (and occasionally clients) is crucial
- Is able to self-manage - whilst working on a small, project manager led team
- Understands the client’s goals and aspirations for their project
- Is willing to continue to learn about new tools, languages and practices
32-35 days holiday
Our generous holiday allowance includes up to 2 full weeks over Christmas.
All our employees receive competitive salaries and have the opportunity to take part in our share scheme after three years of continuous service. We believe we do best when our entire team is well compensated and shares in our success.
Support to grow your career
Your on-going development is extremely important to us. To help you build new skills and capabilities, we offer regular training events, lunch and learns and support employees in attending conferences and events.
Paid Volunteer Day
All of our employees are eligible for a paid day to volunteer with a charity or for a cause of their choice. We can support in connecting you with opportunities to use your skills to help good causes.
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Provision
To provide further support to new parents we offer an enhanced maternity and paternity package.