With flexible start and end times, we empower employees to skip rush hour and develop a working pattern that suits their needs.
What you'll do
- You will be responsible for leading and growing the engineering team that delivers iOS, Android and Flutter solutions for our current and future client base.
- In this role you will:
- Scale and upskill the mobile engineering team,
- Accelerate delivery and increase quality by making smart infrastructure and process investments and tradeoffs.
- Deliver features aligned with our business goals.
- You will work across the business with product, engineering, marketing, and design teams to define the mobile product roadmap and guide decisions on architecture, system design, and technical strategy.
- You will be a hands-on manager, responsible for inspiring, managing, and providing constructive feedback to mobile engineers. We operate on a matrix management structure so you will be tech focused working with engineering managers to manage the team.
- As an engineering leader and manager at Netsells you will be responsible for ensuring proper planning and delivery of complex projects, setting clear goals and best practices for your team, delivering timely feedback and helping recruit great engineers.
- We expect a 50/50 split of project development work to R&D, Team Scaling/Upskilling, Process, Architecture
What you'll be like
- Team leader who is capable to drive the team, leads by example, supports and mentors the team members, and engages with the other team leads to align on dependencies and cross teams challenges
- Team player who values clean code and the continuous learning culture
- Passionate about what you do, detail-orientated, always striving for excellence and proactively seeking for areas to improve
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Able to prioritize work and limit work in progress in order to achieve optimal flow; must be able to manage stakeholder expectations and commitments.
- Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
- Experience leading Android or iOS (or better - both) engineering teams rapidly delivering features to new and existing app builds.
- Strong technical expertise in mobile development, with deep, hands on experience with at least one of Android, iOS and Flutter.
- Built, shipped, and scaled consumer facing, software products with at least two successful product launches to speak of.
- Active participation in a team's career development, having managed engineers and manager's performance with proper mentorship and coaching.
- The highest of standards regarding security practices and a desire to mentor your team on keeping our user base safe.
- Desire to foster a hardworking, collaborative and creative team culture in one of the most challenging and dynamic industries in tech.
- 2.5+ years of mobile application development experience with at least two apps that are on the app store that you are proud to discuss with us.
- You have experience with RESTful APIs
- You have a very good analytical ability to attack problems that are very unusual and extremely difficult, comfortable with ambiguity
- You have highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Use your knowledge of server-side technology to architect applications or data to build scalable, high-performing technology solutions
32-35 days holiday
Our generous holiday allowance includes up to 2 full weeks over Christmas.
All our employees receive competitive salaries and have the opportunity to take part in our share scheme after three years of continuous service. We believe we do best when our entire team is well compensated and shares in our success.
Support to grow your career
Your on-going development is extremely important to us. To help you build new skills and capabilities, we offer regular training events, lunch and learns and support employees in attending conferences and events.
Regular Team Activities
We hold regular in-person and remote events designed to entertain, educate and improve cross-company connections. These include Zoom quizzes, go-karting, VR nights and more.
Paid Volunteer Day
All of our employees are eligible for a paid day to volunteer with a charity or for a cause of their choice. We can support in connecting you with opportunities to use your skills to help good causes.