With flexible start and end times, we empower employees to skip rush hour and develop a working pattern that suits their needs.
One of the North of England’s fastest growing digital agencies is looking for a People and Culture Manager to take ownership of our staff recruitment, retention, engagement, wellbeing and culture.
Based in offices in the heart of York, close to the train station and the city centre, you will be working with a team of 50 people across design, development, business analysis, quality assurance and beyond to bring together curious minds and create innovative and diverse working conditions to allow our people to flourish. We offer a flexible working environment where staff can make the right decisions for themselves, their colleagues and clients.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the ideal candidate must have a passion for people’s careers, development and wellbeing to ensure they bring their best selves to work. Whilst experience of working in a digital agency or software development company is a preference, this isn’t essential.
Netsells is a dynamic and energetic company that is growing fast and has ambitious plans. We are regarded as one of the premier developers in the North of England, with industry leading knowledge on multi-channel platforms across web and mobile. Netsells works with some of the most recognised brands in the world on the delivery of digital products that tackle a wide variety of industry and business problems.
As our People and Culture Manager, you will oversee all Human Resources activity and create and own our people strategy. We expect the individual, as the first post for our company in this role, to use their experience and knowledge to direct and advise on areas of focus for the company.
These responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the company is compliant with all regulatory requirements
- All touchpoints with the identification, interviewing and selection of new employees
- Proactive headhunting and networking whilst ensuring a diverse, inclusive candidate pool
- Managing our recruiter relationships
- Work with management team to Identify development and training opportunities for our staff to ensure our staff retention remains a fundamental priority
- Accountability for relevant HR policies and procedures
- Assisting with payroll where necessary
- Ensure employee benefits are best in-class and kept up to date
- Acting as a confidential liaison for employees and assisting with any occupational health referrals
- Other ad-hoc projects and tasks as deemed essential by you or the senior management team.
With the company growing at a fast pace, many job roles change and adapt over time. You will also have the freedom to implement new processes, procedures and practices that are rolled out across the entire organisation - and are actively encouraged to do so at every level of the business.
- 1-3 years experience at a similar level
- Process driven individual, who doesn't cut corners to get to the right outcome
- Outcome focused individual who goes beyond theory and implements strategy
- Background in HR policies and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively across multiple projects and teams
- Highly resourceful and detail-oriented
- Proactive, positive and collaborative mindset
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Experience in recruitment processes (e.g. using LinkedIn recruiter)
- Experience working in the tech industry
- Highly proficient in G-Suite and Microsoft Office
- CIPD qualified or underway
- dealing with employment or disciplinary issues and guiding management through relevant legal processes
- Experience in creating and managing training programmes
We are open to this position being full-time or part-time, depending on personal circumstances. But we require a minimum of three days a week.
32-35 days holiday
Our generous holiday allowance includes up to 2 full weeks over Christmas.
All our employees receive competitive salaries and have the opportunity to take part in our share scheme after three years of continuous service. We believe we do best when our entire team is well compensated and shares in our success.
Support to grow your career
Your on-going development is extremely important to us. To help you build new skills and capabilities, we offer regular training events, lunch and learns and support employees in attending conferences and events.
Paid Volunteer Day
All of our employees are eligible for a paid day to volunteer with a charity or for a cause of their choice. We can support in connecting you with opportunities to use your skills to help good causes.
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Provision
To provide further support to new parents we offer an enhanced maternity and paternity package.