With flexible start and end times, we empower employees to skip rush hour and develop a working pattern that suits their needs.
One of the North of England’s fastest-growing digital agencies is looking for a technical project manager to join their team to manage the delivery of an array of web and mobile projects for organisations around the world.
Working for a company that operates a remote-first policy, you will be working with a team of 50 people across design, development, product, quality assurance and support to ensure the successful planning and delivery of projects.
So, who are we?
Netsells is a leading bespoke technology partner, delivering mobile apps and web platforms for some of the world's most recognisable brands across a wide spread of sectors including Trainline, Warburtons, Hiscox, Uber and YourParkingSpace. In addition to our corporate and enterprise level work, we support some of the fastest-growing startups in the UK, sometimes as suppliers and sometimes as Venture partners, where we take an equity stake in our customer's businesses.
In recent years Netsells have been ranked as the 9th Fastest growing technology business in the north of England by GP Bullhound, won several Clutch ‘Top UK Developers’ awards, won SME of the year and been nominated as the DRUM best mobile agency.
We have offices in York and Scarborough, but significant numbers of our team choose to work either fully or partially remote. We are happy to accept candidate applications from anywhere in the UK, but would expect you to spend at least a couple of days a month connecting face to face with the wider management team.
As a technical project manager your responsibilities will include:
- Managing projects through their full development lifecycle, both on a waterfall and agile basis. Your primary role will be to lead a development team that may be an internal team, working with a partner agency or a combination of both.
- Leading daily standups with the development teams as well as running project meetings to ensure the delivery team is pulling in the same direction.
- Working with Account Managers, Product, Design and QA to ensure other key departments are clear of state of play and how they interact with the project.
- Managing the scheduling of resources across a number of projects simultaneously.
- Working proactively with clients to provide regular updates on the status of their project.
- Managing project scope, and ensuring potential future project phases are well documented.
- Ensuring a thorough understanding of client goals and objectives for the product, including a technical understanding where applicable.
With the company growing at a very quick rate, many job roles change and adapt over time. You will also have the freedom to implement new processes, procedures and practices that are rolled out across the entire organisation - and are actively encouraged to do so.
- 3 years minimum experience of working in a digital agency/developer house as a project manager or scrum master
- Experience with stakeholder management - both internally and client-facing
- Experience with testing and QA cycles
- A confident, professional and client-facing personality
- Extreme organisation skills and the ability to work well under pressure with high workloads and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of the development lifecycle for mobile applications and web platforms using either waterfall or agile methodologies
- Experience of Jira
- Experience in operating in a fully agile environment.
- Experience in working with nearshore partner agencies
- Experience of Basecamp, Slack, Google Drive, or similar.
What you will get
- A competitive salary
- Training where training is required
- Share options in new exciting company launched projects
- An ability to genuinely have an impact on an award winning agency that's going places - current clients include Warburtons, ExxonMobill, Signature Rail, YourParkingSpace, Hiscox, The Trainline.
- An exciting and vibrant working environment
- Team activity days
- Remote team building activities
- Full access to Perkbox: http://netsells.perkbox.co.uk
32-35 days holiday
Our generous holiday allowance includes up to 2 full weeks over Christmas.
All our employees receive competitive salaries and have the opportunity to take part in our share scheme after three years of continuous service. We believe we do best when our entire team is well compensated and shares in our success.
Support to grow your career
Your on-going development is extremely important to us. To help you build new skills and capabilities, we offer regular training events, lunch and learns and support employees in attending conferences and events.
Paid Volunteer Day
All of our employees are eligible for a paid day to volunteer with a charity or for a cause of their choice. We can support in connecting you with opportunities to use your skills to help good causes.
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Provision
To provide further support to new parents we offer an enhanced maternity and paternity package.