With flexible start and end times, we empower employees to skip rush hour and develop a working pattern that suits their needs.
One of the North of England’s fastest-growing digital agencies is looking for a UX/UI Designer to join their expanding design team, to help create an array of exciting web and mobile products for organisations around the world.
Working for a company that operates a remote-first policy, you will be working with a team of 50 people across design, development, product, quality assurance and support to implement excellent design and user experience in products across a variety of industries, as well as contribute to the growth of processes within the team.
So, who are we?
Netsells is a leading bespoke technology partner, delivering mobile apps and web platforms for some of the world's most recognisable brands across a wide spread of sectors including Trainline, Warburtons, Hiscox, Uber and YourParkingSpace. In addition to our corporate and enterprise level work, we support some of the fastest-growing startups in the UK, sometimes as suppliers and sometimes as venture partners, where we take an equity stake in our customer's businesses.
In recent years Netsells have been ranked as the 9th fastest growing technology business in the north of England by GP Bullhound, won several Clutch ‘Top UK Developers’ awards, won SME of the year and been nominated as the DRUM best mobile agency.
We have offices in York and Scarborough, but significant numbers of our team choose to work either fully or partially remote. We are happy to accept candidate applications from anywhere in the UK, but would expect you to be able to spend at least a couple of days a month connecting face to face with your team in York.
As a UX/UI Designer at Netsells you will use your excellent understanding of web and mobile user experience best practices to build industry-leading software products. You will be working alongside other designers, product managers and developers to take part in discovery workshops, translate user stories into wireframes, apply brands in a way that results in fresh and exciting user interface design, and create rapid product prototypes.
You will work well within an Agile delivery process, be comfortable presenting your work and justifying your decisions, and be able to work towards defined success criteria.
- Experience with product design software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision.
- Enough business awareness and UX proficiency to be able to create commercially successful products, not just pretty ones.
- A passion for effective and exciting user interface design.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present work to key stakeholders, justifying your decisions along the way.
- A willingness to refine ideas through iteration, user testing and design QA.
- A working knowledge of software accessibility best practices.
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently self-manage your own time.
Nice to Have
- Experience with user testing to validate design solutions.
- Experience with UXR (user experience research) and gathering data to support preliminary product decisions.
- Brand design experience
- Experience with Design Ops and creating/setting processes within a growing design team.
- A foundational technical understanding of how your design work will be implemented during development, both web and mobile.
- Experience with high-fidelity prototyping and interaction design tools such as Principle, Framer, Protopie, Axure.
- Experience in facilitating workshops.
What you will get
- A competitive salary.
- Upskilling and training opportunities.
- Stock options in one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the north.
- Work either fully or partially remote, with access to our offices in York and Scarborough.
- An opportunity to have a real impact on a rapidly growing team - as much responsibility as you can claim.
- An opportunity to lead in areas of growth.
32-35 days holiday
Our generous holiday allowance includes up to 2 full weeks over Christmas.
All our employees receive competitive salaries and have the opportunity to take part in our share scheme after three years of continuous service. We believe we do best when our entire team is well compensated and shares in our success.
Support to grow your career
Your on-going development is extremely important to us. To help you build new skills and capabilities, we offer regular training events, lunch and learns and support employees in attending conferences and events.
Paid Volunteer Day
All of our employees are eligible for a paid day to volunteer with a charity or for a cause of their choice. We can support in connecting you with opportunities to use your skills to help good causes.
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Provision
To provide further support to new parents we offer an enhanced maternity and paternity package.